- SWITCHING FROM DIRTY #4 OR #6 HEATING OIL TO CLEANER FUEL: Frequently Asked Questions, answered by the Environmental Defense Fund, here: EDF Fuel Switching FAQ
- Did you ever wonder about the law that brought us fuel conversion? Read the full text of the original Local Law 43
- The Association of Energy Engineers produced a report on FUEL OIL CONVERSIONS issued on September 20, 2011 that outlines all of New York City’s heating oil regulations and the process of conversion away from number 6 fuel oil. Get the full report here: Fuel Oil Change Over
- Con Edison has identified 12 zones where it is planning to expand its existing natural gas infrastructure. Buildings within these zones may be eligible to connect at no cost for firm gas service with one point of entry to each building’s property line for its total gas load.
- To take advantage of this opportunity, building owners or duly authorized representatives of a building, a/k/a “customers” or “applicants”, must fulfill the requirements and deadlines for the applicable zone to meet Con Ed’s target gas turn-on dates in Fall 2013.
- Read the full Con Edison 2013 AREA GROWTH DEVELOPMENT – CONVERSION TO NATURAL GAS Report by clicking here: Con Ed – Conversion to Natural Gas
- The Hess Energy Solutions Conversion Program 2012 outlines PlaNYC: By 2030 achieve the “cleanest air of any big city in America” and “reduce GHG emissions by more than 30%”….
- Eliminating No. 6 and 4 heavy heating oil is one of the highest impact strategies the city can undertake to make New York City’s air quality the cleanest of any major U.S. City. Read the complete text of the NYC Clean Heat and Financial Assistance report presented to ARC on April 11, 2013.
As a special convenience to our membership, we are pleased to present the hard-to-find formulae required when considering a comparison between oil and gas heat, in terms of heat energy provided and valid cost comparisons. Paid members may visit their “Members Only” area under the Resources tab and use their password to acquire a valuable worksheet.